Date: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: York Castle Museum
Meet Father Christmas and Discover the Magic of Christmas Past
Take part in our special Christmas trail, join in with festive activities, including gingerbread making demonstrations and craft activities, which lead to an unforgettable visit to Father Christmas.
Join us in our Elf School where Father Christmas will be waiting with a traditional gift and some Christmas sparkle.
Want to bring children under 5? Special activities will be available for Under 5s to enjoy.
This fun festive event will take place 10am-4pm.
Visits to Father Christmas
Due to popular demand all visits to Father Christmas will be in groups of 3 – 4 families.
Father Christmas will be taking well-earned breaks throughout the day, at the following times:
- 11.30am – 12 noon
- 1.30pm – 2pm
- 3.30pm – 4pm
- Adults: £13 (with a 10% Gift Aid Donation) / £11.82 (without donation)
- Access Day Ticket: £7.50
- YMT Card Adult Ticket: £3
- Child under £16: £7*
- Registered Carer Accompanying a Disabled Visitor: Free (please note that evidence may be required)
Your ticket includes:
- admission to A Victorian Christmas
- Christmas trail
- Christmas crafts
- a visit to Father Christmas
- one traditional gift per child
Please arrive early to guarantee your visit to Father Christmas.
* Older children who do not wish to see Father Christmas do not need to pay £7, but will instead pay the YMT Card Adult Ticket price of £3. This includes the other aspects of the experience.
Buying Your Tickets
You can buy your tickets online prior to your visit, or at admissions on the day.
Please note: our museum is accessible to wheelchair users except for the upper floors of the historic buildings. Some areas may also be difficult for people with visual impairment. For further details, please see our access page.
View event >