Date: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: York Castle Museum
Don’t miss this ever popular and award-winning experience celebrating the true magic of Christmas past…
Take a stroll over the cobbles of York Castle Museum’s twinkling Victorian street, Kirkgate, and experience the true magic and traditions of days gone by.
Journey back in time to discover how Christmas was celebrated over 150 years ago on Kirkgate; the ideal backdrop for a month of Christmas festivities, music and cheer.
- Walk under the beautiful garlands
- Enjoy the intimate glow of our decorated Christmas trees
- Listen to carols
- Meet our Victorian residents
- Discover original Victorian Christmas gifts displayed in the shop windows
- See the Period Rooms decorated in traditional festive style
- Follow the tempting aromas to our working studio kitchen, where you will learn about traditional Victorian gingerbread recipes and perhaps even have a try!
We’ll also have a Christmas trail for you to enjoy. Please note: this isn’t available on the dates when Father Christmas is visiting the Museum (see Meet Father Christmas).
The prices for A Victorian Christmas are:
- Adults: £11 (with a 10% Gift Aid Donation) / £10 (without a 10% Gift Aid Donation)
- Child under £16: Free
- Adult with a YMT Card: Free
- Access Day Ticket: £5.50
- York resident: £8
- Registered carer accompanying a disabled visitor: Free (please note that evidence may be required)
Buying Your Tickets
You can buy your tickets online prior to your visit, or at admissions on the day.