York Museums Trust was formed on 1 August 2002 as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Supported by the Council, York Museums Trust is responsible for York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and York St Mary’s. Please find below our current Key Contacts at York Museums Trust.
Chief Executive – Reyahn King
Executive Assistant / PA – Angela Sherwood
Head of Museum Development Yorkshire – Michael Turnpenny
Head of Fundraising & Communication – Charlotte Kindesjo
Head of Visitor Experience and Commercial – Richard Saward
Head of Human Resources – Olesya Pounder
Head of Strategy, Finance & Corporate Services – Paul Lambert
Head of public engagement collections and curatorial – Jo Killeya
Visitor Experience Manager – Matt Pritchard
Senior Curator (Yorkshire Museum) – Andrew Woods
Senior Curator (York Art Gallery) – Dr Beatrice Bertram
Public Engagement Manager – Fiona Burton
Museum Gardens Manager – Stephen Williams
IT & Digital Engagement Manager – Theodore Wilkins
IT Manager – Jonathan Teasdale
Facilities Manager – Geoff Hutchinson
Health & Safety Advisor – Andy Waller
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum
- Come and play this half term in York Museum Gardens!
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum