York Museums Trust was formed on August 1 2002, as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Supported by the Council, York Museums Trust is responsible for York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and York St Mary’s. Please find below our current Key Contacts at York Museums Trust.
Chief Executive – Reyahn King
Executive Assistant / PA – Sharron Cooper
Head of Museum Development Yorkshire – Michael Turnpenny
Head of Fundraising & Communication – Charlotte Kindesjo
Head of Visitor Experience – Richard Saward
Head of Human Resources – Olesya Pounder
Head of Strategy, Finance & Corporate Services – Paul Lambert
Head of Public Engagement – Jo Killeya
Visitor Experience Manager (York Castle Museum & York St Mary’s) – Melody Wright
Visitor Experience Manager (Yorkshire Museum & York Art Gallery) – Christopher Baker
Head of Collections and Curatorial Services – Dr Christopher Ferguson
Senior Curator (Yorkshire Museum) – Andrew Woods
Senior Curator (York Art Gallery) – Vera Pavlova
Senior Curator (York Castle Museum) – Emma Hamlett
Volunteers Manager – Fiona Burton
Learning Manager – Kirstie Blything
Museum Gardens Manager – Alison Pringle
Fundraising Manager – Rebecca Williams
IT & Digital Engagement Manager – Theodore Wilkins
IT Manager – Jonathan Teasdale
Facilities Manager – Geoff Hutchinson
Health & Safety Advisor – Andy Waller
York Castle Museum Interpretation & Content Manager – Helen Langwick
- York’s First Umbrella? New Display at York Castle Museum To Showcase Rare Finds
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
- YMT Card Holders Invited to Exclusive Private View of Two New Exhibitions at York Art Gallery This May
- Thought provoking works of art to go on display at York Art Gallery this May in exhibition 'The Sea is the Limit'
- Prehistoric Reptile Pregnant with Octuplets on Display in Yorkshire Museum's New Jurassic Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.