We welcome travel journalists making press trips at all of our sites and can provide press packs about our latest exhibitions.
The downloadable images which accompany our press releases are for use by press, web and broadcast media only.
For further press information please click here.
Collection images are available to download online here and are free from copyright (click here for our Image Collections Policy). If you would like to request permission to publish our images for other purposes, use them commercially, or to enquire further about copyright, please fill out our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
All of our venues are available as filming locations and have been used to film drama, news and entertainment programmes. For more information please fill out our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
York Castle Museum
Our famous Victorian Street, Kirkgate, above, provides a mini film-set with authentic re-created shop fronts, a cobbled street and a Hansom cab. The Victorian parlour, Moorland Cottage, Georgian dining room, Jacobean Dining Room, 1940s kitchen and 1950s sitting room all provide period backdrops with authentic detail. The atmospheric Condemned Cell, which once housed infamous highwayman Dick Turpin, has two prison doors and a small window with bars across it.
Yorkshire Museum & Gardens
The magnificent St Mary’s Abbey ruins provide a stunning backdrop to footage about York’s medieval heritage. Treasures such as the Vale of York Hoard, the York Helmet and the Ormside Bowl as well as rare Roman discoveries can help programme makers illustrate the past.
York Art Gallery
A host of British and European art from the last 600 years in a peaceful 19th century building, with a view across to York’s city walls and the Minster. A new Artists Garden space to the rear of the gallery host exhibitions of contemporary art installations.
- York Museums Trust’s #CuratorBattle shortlisted in the ‘Being Social’ category at this years’ Digital Culture Awards
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- York Museums Trust invites York’s Hull Road residents to delve into the past in new community research project