Art in Yorkshire
Art in Yorkshire is a celebration of visual art in public galleries throughout the county.
The project is a collaborative marketing strategy that brings together a compelling programme of selected exhibitions staged by partner organisations. The aim is to cross-promote public art galleries and museums and share audiences, specifically to move arts visitors around the Yorkshire region.
The project began in 2011 when the first Art in Yorkshire initiative was supported by Tate through some 100 loans to partner venues. Eighteen partners took part and felt that the project was a good one, with potential for future collaborative marketing ideas.
Since 2012 Art in Yorkshire has continued as a region-wide partnership managed by York Museums Trust with ACE funding, working with partners from the public museums and galleries sector.
York Museums Trust would like to thank the contributing galleries for collaborating with us to promote art in Yorkshire to as many people as possible.
Visit www.artinyorkshire.org.uk to find out more.
- York’s First Umbrella? New Display at York Castle Museum To Showcase Rare Finds
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
- YMT Card Holders Invited to Exclusive Private View of Two New Exhibitions at York Art Gallery This May
- Thought provoking works of art to go on display at York Art Gallery this May in exhibition 'The Sea is the Limit'
- Prehistoric Reptile Pregnant with Octuplets on Display in Yorkshire Museum's New Jurassic Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.