Art in Yorkshire
Art in Yorkshire is a celebration of visual art in public galleries throughout Yorkshire. The project is a collaborative marketing strategy that brings together a compelling programme of selected exhibitions staged by partner organisations. The aim is to cross-promote public art galleries and museums and share audiences, specifically to move arts visitors around the Yorkshire region.
The project began in 2011 when the first Art in Yorkshire initiative was supported by Tate through some 100 loans to partner venues. Eighteen partners took part and felt that the project was a good one, with potential for future collaborative marketing ideas.
Since 2012 Art in Yorkshire has continued as a region-wide partnership managed by York Museums Trust with ACE funding, working with partners from the public museums and galleries sector.
York Museums Trust would like to thank the contributing galleries for collaborating with us to promote art in Yorkshire to as many people as possible.
Visit www.artinyorkshire.org.uk to find out more.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- The Art and Science of Sleep - Two Events by Susan Aldworth
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.