Art in Yorkshire
Art in Yorkshire is a celebration of visual art in public galleries throughout Yorkshire. The project is a collaborative marketing strategy that brings together a compelling programme of selected exhibitions staged by partner organisations. The aim is to cross-promote public art galleries and museums and share audiences, specifically to move arts visitors around the Yorkshire region.
The project began in 2011 when the first Art in Yorkshire initiative was supported by Tate through some 100 loans to partner venues. Eighteen partners took part and felt that the project was a good one, with potential for future collaborative marketing ideas.
Since 2012 Art in Yorkshire has continued as a region-wide partnership managed by York Museums Trust with ACE funding, working with partners from the public museums and galleries sector.
York Museums Trust would like to thank the contributing galleries for collaborating with us to promote art in Yorkshire to as many people as possible.
Visit www.artinyorkshire.org.uk to find out more.
- York Art Gallery Launch Campaign To Bring Doug Fishbone’s Leisure Land Golf to the Artists Garden
- Bring Us Your Viking Loot! Curators at Yorkshire Museum Need Your Help This February Half Term
- Love is Sweet - Enjoy Confectionery-Themed Activities at York Castle Museum This February Half Term
- Landscapes of Remembrance - New Community Room Exhibition To Open At York Castle Museum
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.