Art in Yorkshire
Art in Yorkshire is a celebration of visual art in public galleries throughout the county.
The project is a collaborative marketing strategy that brings together a compelling programme of selected exhibitions staged by partner organisations. The aim is to cross-promote public art galleries and museums and share audiences, specifically to move arts visitors around the Yorkshire region.
The project began in 2011 when the first Art in Yorkshire initiative was supported by Tate through some 100 loans to partner venues. Eighteen partners took part and felt that the project was a good one, with potential for future collaborative marketing ideas.
Since 2012 Art in Yorkshire has continued as a region-wide partnership managed by York Museums Trust with ACE funding, working with partners from the public museums and galleries sector.
York Museums Trust would like to thank the contributing galleries for collaborating with us to promote art in Yorkshire to as many people as possible.
Visit www.artinyorkshire.org.uk to find out more.
- York Castle Museum in Bid to Save Rare Silver Spoon
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- National Gallery masterpiece features in a major new exhibition
- Have your say on York Museums Trust and its future development of York Castle Museum
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.