The Friends of York Art Gallery
The Friends of York Art Gallery was established in 1948 with the aim of creating a lively interest group with a passion for art, and to establish and maintain a fund to support the work of the gallery.
Today, the Friends play an important role in helping York Art Gallery achieve its acquisition targets by making grants for the purchase of works of art, conservation, and education, as well as helping to fund the gallery in other regards.
Alongside their annual membership subscription, the Friends also organise an active events programme with a number of trips away, social luncheons, occasional art sales, and talks and tours to help raise funds for the gallery. Members may also support the Friends and the gallery in the form of bequests.
With over 900 existing members, the Friends are a growing group and always looking to welcome new members.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- The Art and Science of Sleep - Two Events by Susan Aldworth
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.