The Friends of York Art Gallery
The Friends of York Art Gallery was established in 1948 with the aim of creating a lively interest group with a passion for art, and to establish and maintain a fund to support the work of the gallery.
Today, the Friends play an important role in helping York Art Gallery achieve its acquisition targets by making grants for the purchase of works of art, conservation, and education, as well as helping to fund the gallery in other regards.
Alongside their annual membership subscription, the Friends also organise an active events programme with a number of trips away, social luncheons, occasional art sales, and talks and tours to help raise funds for the gallery. Members may also support the Friends and the gallery in the form of bequests.
With over 900 existing members, the Friends are a growing group and always looking to welcome new members.
- York Art Gallery's Leisure Land Golf Campaigns With Art Happens Reaches Its Target
- York Art Gallery Extend Art Happens Campaign To Help Reach Leisure Land Golf Target
- Final Installment Of Project Gallery Exhibition Opens At York Art Gallery Featuring Work By Laurence Payot
- Private Donor Pledges To Match Donations For York Art Gallery's Art Happens Campaign
- New Community Exhibition at York Castle Museum Explores 50 Years of York's LGBT History
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.