Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Internationally significant ceramics donated to York Art Gallery
- Yorkshire Museum receives a lifeline grant from the Government’s Culture Recovery Fund for external restoration