Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum
- Come and play this half term in York Museum Gardens!
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum