Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, and the swinging Sixties. There are also genuine 18th century prison cells to visit and current exhibitions include ‘Chocolate: York’s Sweet Past’, ‘Shaping the Body: 400 Years of Fashion, Food & Life’ and ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’. Find out more.
Exhibitions include ‘Paul Nash and the Uncanny Landscape – An exhibition curated by John Stezaker’, ‘More Than Words’ featuring the work of ceramic artist Sara Radstone, and ‘York Symphony’ by the internationally renowned artist Marinella Senatore. Find out more.
Exhibitions include ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Ritual or Disguise: The Star Carr Headdresses’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
This attraction us currently closed. The previous exhibition was ‘The Dark Self’ by artist Susan Aldworth. Find out more.
- York Museums Trust To Host Consultation Meetings To Improve Access Across Sites
- York Castle Museum wins Best Attraction and Best Christmas Experience in the Little Vikings Awards 2018
- York Venues to host Wedding Open Day at the Hospitium on 14 January 2018
- York Venues Receive Two Nominations for the UK Wedding Awards 2018
- Dinosaurs, Vivienne Westwood and the BFG! York Museums Trust’s Major Exhibitions and Events for 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.