Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum
- Work by world-renowned artist Damien Hirst on display at York Art Gallery
- A new display of The Anthony Shaw Collection entitled ‘Themes’ opens at the Centre of Ceramic Art
- #CuratorBattle received a Highly Commended from the Museum and Heritage Awards