Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Explore our exhibition ‘Shaping the Body: 400 Years of Fashion, Food & Life’ and ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’, and see a special display celebrating our 80th anniversary. Find out more.
Visit this beautiful gallery space for a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018; highlights include ‘The Sea is the Limit’ (4 May – 2 Sept), ’70 Years of Giving Art’ (4 May – 2 Sept), and the Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition (18 May – 30 Sept). York Art Gallery is also the home of the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum. You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
This attraction us currently closed. The previous exhibition was ‘The Dark Self’ by artist Susan Aldworth. Find out more.
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Days for the York’s Sweet Past: A taste of success - the Inspirational Mary Ann Craven
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- York Art Gallery to host Aesthetica Art Prize 2018 Exhibition from 18 May 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.