Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells.
Explore our ‘Museum of Broken Relationships’ (22 March 2019 – 22 March 2020), walk down our recreated Victorian street, visit York Castle Prison and much more. Find out more.
Home to the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA), this beautiful gallery space has a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018.
Highlights include ‘Ruskin, Turner & the Storm Cloud: Watercolours and Drawings’ (29 March – 23 June 2019) and ‘The Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition’ (8 March – 14 July 2019). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- Signs of Hope - York Museums Trust aims to bring small moments of positivity to people visiting York Museum Gardens
- York Museums Trust win national award for #CuratorBattle
- Trustee of York Museums Trust included in the Woman’s Hour Power List 2020: Our Planet
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees