Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, and the swinging Sixties. There are also genuine 18th century prison cells to visit and current exhibitions include ‘Chocolate: York’s Sweet Past’, ‘Shaping the Body: 400 Years of Fashion, Food & Life’ and ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’. Find out more.
Exhibitions include ‘Paul Nash and the Uncanny Landscape – An exhibition curated by John Stezaker’, ‘More Than Words’ featuring the work of ceramic artist Sara Radstone, and ‘York Symphony’ by the internationally renowned artist Marinella Senatore. Find out more.
Exhibitions include ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Ritual or Disguise: The Star Carr Headdresses’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
This attraction us currently closed. The previous exhibition was ‘The Dark Self’ by artist Susan Aldworth. Find out more.
- York’s First Umbrella? New Display at York Castle Museum To Showcase Rare Finds
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
- YMT Card Holders Invited to Exclusive Private View of Two New Exhibitions at York Art Gallery This May
- Thought provoking works of art to go on display at York Art Gallery this May in exhibition 'The Sea is the Limit'
- Prehistoric Reptile Pregnant with Octuplets on Display in Yorkshire Museum's New Jurassic Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.