Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells.
Explore our ‘Museum of Broken Relationships’ (22 March 2019 – 22 March 2020), walk down our recreated Victorian street, visit York Castle Prison and much more. Find out more.
Home to the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA), this beautiful gallery space has a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018.
Highlights include ‘Ruskin, Turner & the Storm Cloud: Watercolours and Drawings’ (29 March – 23 June 2019) and ‘The Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition’ (8 March – 14 July 2019). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- National Gallery masterpiece features in a major new exhibition
- Have your say on York Museums Trust and its future development of York Castle Museum
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
- UK premiere for Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.