Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Explore our exhibitions ‘A Personal Collection of Vivienne Westwood Shoes’ and ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’, and see a special display celebrating our 80th anniversary. Find out more.
Visit this beautiful gallery space for a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018; highlights include ‘Lucie Rie: Ceramics & Buttons’ (22 June 2018 – 12 May 2019) ‘The Sea is the Limit’ (4 May – 2 Sept) ’70 Years of Giving Art’ (4 May – 2 Sept), and the Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition (18 May – 30 Sept).
York Art Gallery is also the home of the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum. You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was ‘The Dark Self’ by artist Susan Aldworth. Find out more.
- Planting Starts for York Mediale Environmental Project
- Landmark exhibition 'Strata-Rock-Dust-Stars' Will Open At York Art Gallery This September
- 'The BFG In Pictures' To Go On Display At York Art Gallery
- The York Helmet Back On Show At the Yorkshire Museum
- York Museums Trust Want To Hear From You About the Future of York Castle Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.