Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells. Explore our exhibitions ‘A Personal Collection of Vivienne Westwood Shoes’ and ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’, and see a special display celebrating our 80th anniversary. Find out more.
Home to the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA), this beautiful gallery space has a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018. Highlights include ‘The BFG in Pictures’ (12 October 2018 – 24 February 2019) and ‘Lucie Rie: Ceramics & Buttons’ (22 June 2018 – 12 May 2019). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum. You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- Free Entry to York Art Gallery with a National Lottery Ticket
- York's Hospitium Crowned Yorkshire Wedding Venue of the Year
- Award-Winning Victorian Christmas Now Open at York Castle Museum
- Nicolas Poussin’s The Triumph of Pan Travelling the UK in 2019
- Flags Marking End of First World War Rediscovered 100 Years on
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.