Exhibitions — Index
Famous for its cobbled Victorian street, Kirkgate, the museum also has displays on toys through time, Period Rooms, the swinging Sixties, and genuine 18th century prison cells.
Explore our ‘Museum of Broken Relationships’ (22 March 2019 – 22 March 2020), ‘A Personal Collection of Vivienne Westwood Shoes’ (on until 28 April 2019) and much more. Find out more.
Home to the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA), this beautiful gallery space has a varied selection of exhibitions and events throughout 2018.
Highlights include ‘Ruskin, Turner & the Storm Cloud: Watercolours and Drawings’ (29 March – 23 June 2019) and ‘The Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition’ (8 March – 14 July 2019). Find out more.
Take an epic journey back through 150 million years of Yorkshire to discover lost giants and the changing worlds they inhabited in ‘Yorkshire’s Jurassic World’, a major new exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum.
You can also see ‘Medieval York – Capital of the North’, ‘Roman York – Meet the People of the Empire’, and ‘William Smith: The Map That Changed The World’. Find out more.
The previous exhibition was Your Castle Museum. Find out more.
- Jurassic Success! Yorkshire Museum Has Its Most Successful Year Since Formation of York Museum Trust
- Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor Displays Work in Major Outdoor Exhibition
- Tea-United: Teapot to Mark Reunion of Long Lost Siblings Features in Exhibition of Broken Relationships
- Culture Café: Building Bridges on Brexit, One Brew at a Time
- New Café to Open at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.