Google Cultural Institute
York Museums Trust has partnered with the Google Cultural Institute on the Google Art Project to bring our outstanding museum and gallery collections to the online global community.
The Google Cultural Institute brings together millions of artefacts from multiple partners, with the stories that bring them to life, in a virtual museum. Involving the creation of online exhibitions, it enables access to the collections of some of the most prestigious museums and galleries in the world.
Our current stories include key objects from the exhibition ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’ at York Castle Museum, an insight into ceramics collector W. A. Ismay in association with the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA) at York Art Gallery, archaeological hoards discovered in Yorkshire from the collection at the Yorkshire Museum, and prehistoric finds that can be used as teaching resources; again, using artefacts from the Yorkshire Museum.
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- National Gallery masterpiece features in a major new exhibition
- Have your say on York Museums Trust and its future development of York Castle Museum
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
- UK premiere for Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.