Google Cultural Institute
York Museums Trust has partnered with the Google Cultural Institute on the Google Art Project to bring our outstanding museum and gallery collections to the online global community.
The Google Cultural Institute brings together millions of artefacts from multiple partners, with the stories that bring them to life, in a virtual museum. Involving the creation of online exhibitions, it enables access to the collections of some of the most prestigious museums and galleries in the world.
Our current stories include key objects from the exhibition ‘1914: When the World Changed Forever’ at York Castle Museum, an insight into ceramics collector W. A. Ismay in association with the Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA) at York Art Gallery, archaeological hoards discovered in Yorkshire from the collection at the Yorkshire Museum, and prehistoric finds that can be used as teaching resources; again, using artefacts from the Yorkshire Museum.
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- York Museums Trust has now completed its redundancy process.
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.