If you would like to donate to our collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 687687 to make an appointment. Please provide as much information about the object as you can including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought.
We cannot give advice on items for sale or provide valuations. We also cannot authenticate objects.
The curatorial departments are very busy and may not be able to reply immediately. We will respond as soon as possible acknowledging your enquiry within a month, and will provide a full service within a two month period.
Our collections are of national and international importance, and our museums and galleries welcome thousands of visitors each year. The challenge for us is to care for them and develop them for future generations.
We are a registered charity and work hard to secure successful funding applications to build on our core funding from local and national government.
Donations, endowments and bequests of any size are welcomed – any gift makes a difference.
To discuss making a donation, please contact Charlotte Kindesjo (Head of Fundraising and Communications) at Charlotte.Kindesjo@ymt.org.uk or call 01904 687687.
- The Romans Return to March on York!
- New Exhibition Celebrates the Life and Work of Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor from Yorkshire
- Berwick Kaler Oversees the Installation of His Pantomime Dame Glitterball Dress in the Shaping the Body Exhibition
- Jurassic Success! Yorkshire Museum Has Its Most Successful Year Since Formation of York Museum Trust
- Internationally Acclaimed Sculptor Displays Work in Major Outdoor Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.