If you would like to donate to our collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 687687 to make an appointment. Please provide as much information about the object as you can including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought.
We cannot give advice on items for sale or provide valuations. We also cannot authenticate objects.
The curatorial departments are very busy and may not be able to reply immediately. We will respond as soon as possible acknowledging your enquiry within a month, and will provide a full service within a two month period.
Our collections are of national and international importance, and our museums and galleries welcome thousands of visitors each year. The challenge for us is to care for them and develop them for future generations.
We are a registered charity and work hard to secure successful funding applications to build on our core funding from local and national government.
Donations, endowments and bequests of any size are welcomed – any gift makes a difference.
To discuss making a donation, please contact Charlotte Kindesjo (Head of Fundraising and Communications) at Charlotte.Kindesjo@ymt.org.uk or call 01904 687687.
- New Species for Britain Found in York Museum Gardens
- YMT Exclusive - Win Tickets to the VIP Launch of 'When All is Quiet: Kaiser Chiefs in Conversation with York Art Gallery'
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- Kaiser Chiefs to Work With York Art Gallery on New Exhibition
- Planting Starts for York Mediale Environmental Project
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.