Leave a Legacy
Leave a Legacy
A gift in your will is a wonderful way to express your love for the stories, objects and artefacts that make up the York Museums Trust collections, exhibitions and learning programmes. We wouldn’t be able to continue in our effort to showcase the very best of this wonderful city without gifts in wills.
A gift in a will regardless of size, makes a lasting difference.
York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and York Museum Gardens are the heart of the city. They are spaces to learn, create and reflect and this has never been more important. Your legacy will ensure these spaces remain for future generations to come.
It is Your Legacy
Your legacy will only be used by York Museums Trust for the purposes you outline, whether this is for the storage and conservation of our exceptional collections, or for improving learning opportunities for young people. Whatever you decide the legacy to be used for, we will honour this.
York Museums Trust particularly welcome gifts that allow us to allocate the funds to those areas of our work that are particularly in need of support.
We would always advise when drafting a will to get legal support from a trained professional.
Letting Us Know
It is important to us to build relationships with our supporters, this ensures your wishes are met. So that we are best placed to so, please let us know if you are planning a gift in your will. You can get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org
A gift in memory of a loved one
Making a donation to the York Museum Trust to commemorate the life of your loved one is a wonderful memorial. By giving a gift in this manner we understand you are trusting us to celebrate their life in a meaningful way.
From improving botanical and animal diversity in York Museum Gardens, supporting the teenage art school at York Art Gallery, or to make structural improvements to our wonderful Museums, we offer dynamic and long-term approaches to support the Trust that have a lasting impact and make a genuine difference.
York Museums Trust will ensure your gesture of support in memory of a loved one is honoured; we work with you to ensure your memorial has maximum impact for the Trusts objectives.
Letting Us Know
It is important to us to build relationships with our supporters, this ensures your wishes are met. So that we are best placed to so, please let us know if you are planning a gift in memory of a loved one. You can get in touch here: email@example.com
- York Museums Trust’s #CuratorBattle shortlisted in the ‘Being Social’ category at this years’ Digital Culture Awards
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- York Museums Trust invites York’s Hull Road residents to delve into the past in new community research project