To work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Survive the Covid-19 crisis and work together with audiences and communities to recover and rebuild
- Deliver innovative public programming which supports an audience-focused, inclusive, visitor-first approach
- Progress two capital projects: the Castle Transformation Project and the Collections Development and Storage Project
- Increase our resilience by expanding enterprises and fundraising activities, investing in our people, and caring for our environment
- Improve York and York Museums Trust’s profiles through local, regional, national and international leadership and partnership to maximise YMT’s impact.
- York Museums Trust announce first Pop Up Plant Shop in Museum Gardens
- Eboracum Roman Festival is BACK!
- Colourful tulips light up York Museum Gardens thanks to donation by First York employees
- ‘This is England’ ceramic Charger to go on display at York Art Gallery
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!