To work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Survive the Covid-19 crisis and work together with audiences and communities to recover and rebuild
- Deliver innovative public programming which supports an audience-focused, inclusive, visitor-first approach
- Progress two capital projects: the Castle Transformation Project and the Collections Development and Storage Project
- Increase our resilience by expanding enterprises and fundraising activities, investing in our people, and caring for our environment
- Improve York and York Museums Trust’s profiles through local, regional, national and international leadership and partnership to maximise YMT’s impact.
- York Museums Trust’s project #CuratorBattle shortlisted for two national awards.
- Celebrate Summer at York Museum Gardens
- This national lottery open week, we’re saying #thankstoyou with free Grayson Perry entry
- Come and explore York Castle Museum with the experts!
- York Castle Museum in search of most memorable COVID-19 objects