To work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Survive the Covid-19 crisis and reopen sites to audiences and communities
- Adopt a visitor first approach, with all decisions taken with the visitors’ needs in mind
- Progress two capital projects: the Castle Transformation Project and the Collections Development and Storage Project.
- Deliver excellent, high quality, audience-focussed programming that drives visitors, raises our profile, meets our Creative Case and showcases YMT’s collections, sites and stories
- Increase our resilience by expanding enterprises and fundraising activities, investing in our people, and caring for our environment
- Improve York and York Museums Trust’s profiles through local, regional, national and international leadership and partnership to maximise YMT’s impact
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- York Museums Trust has now completed its redundancy process.
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.