Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our objectives are:
- To protect and conserve the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To promote access to the collections, gardens and buildings appropriate to the 21st Century.
- To attract more visitors to our sites, thus contributing to the local and regional economy.
- To create learning opportunities for all and develop innovative programmes springing from the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To network and collaborate with partners and contribute to the development of the economic and cultural life of the city and the region.
- To raise substantial funds to realise these aims.
- Give a year of great days out this Christmas with the YMT Card
- Projects involving York Museums Trust shortlisted for three York Cultural Awards
- Last chance to see two major exhibitions at York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum this week
- Trip Trap Troll! Visit the Yorkshire Museum this October half term to make and play this traditional Viking game
- Celebrating the City! Create artwork inspired by the York this October half term at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.