Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our objectives are:
- To protect and conserve the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To promote access to the collections, gardens and buildings appropriate to the 21st Century.
- To attract more visitors to our sites, thus contributing to the local and regional economy.
- To create learning opportunities for all and develop innovative programmes springing from the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To network and collaborate with partners and contribute to the development of the economic and cultural life of the city and the region.
- To raise substantial funds to realise these aims.
- Bag search at York Museums Trust venues
- York Museums Trust Seeks to Appoint Three New Trustees to the Board from the Autumn of 2017
- Professor Alice Roberts Officially Opens the new Viking: Rediscover the Legend Exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum
- Virtual Reality of the Viking Great Army Winter Camp at Torksey Recreated Using Latest Research for new Yorkshire Museum Exhibition
- Experts Hunt for York’s Roman Amphitheatre as part of the Eboracum Roman Festival 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.