Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our objectives are:
- To protect and conserve the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To promote access to the collections, gardens and buildings appropriate to the 21st Century.
- To attract more visitors to our sites, thus contributing to the local and regional economy.
- To create learning opportunities for all and develop innovative programmes springing from the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To network and collaborate with partners and contribute to the development of the economic and cultural life of the city and the region.
- To raise substantial funds to realise these aims.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- The Art and Science of Sleep - Two Events by Susan Aldworth
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.