Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our objectives are:
- To protect and conserve the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To promote access to the collections, gardens and buildings appropriate to the 21st Century.
- To attract more visitors to our sites, thus contributing to the local and regional economy.
- To create learning opportunities for all and develop innovative programmes springing from the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To network and collaborate with partners and contribute to the development of the economic and cultural life of the city and the region.
- To raise substantial funds to realise these aims.
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Days for the York’s Sweet Past: A taste of success - the Inspirational Mary Ann Craven
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- York Art Gallery to host Aesthetica Art Prize 2018 Exhibition from 18 May 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.