Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our objectives are:
- To protect and conserve the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To promote access to the collections, gardens and buildings appropriate to the 21st Century.
- To attract more visitors to our sites, thus contributing to the local and regional economy.
- To create learning opportunities for all and develop innovative programmes springing from the collections, gardens and buildings.
- To network and collaborate with partners and contribute to the development of the economic and cultural life of the city and the region.
- To raise substantial funds to realise these aims.
- York Art Gallery Launch Campaign To Bring Doug Fishbone’s Leisure Land Golf to the Artists Garden
- Bring Us Your Viking Loot! Curators at Yorkshire Museum Need Your Help This February Half Term
- Love is Sweet - Enjoy Confectionery-Themed Activities at York Castle Museum This February Half Term
- Landscapes of Remembrance - New Community Room Exhibition To Open At York Castle Museum
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.