Working together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Deliver the York Castle Museum major Capital project, including collection and storage rationalisation, and develop the Castle area as a Cultural Quarter
- Excellent, high profile programming, including strategic YMT-led events to attract visitors to York and high quality exhibitions at York Art Gallery
- Expanding Enterprises, and fundraising activities, building on success, becoming a more business-like charity and increasing our income streams and resilience
- Ensuring a Quality and 21st century visitor experience, pro-actively engaging visitors to our sites and online
- Improving York’s and York Museum Trust’s profiles through local, regional and international leadership, partnership and delivering on all the expectations of key stakeholders
- All YMT attractions are currently closed in line with the Government advice on Coronavirus.
- Future Greats: Aesthetica Art Prize 2020
- Family Fun at York Museums Trust this February and March
- Upcoming exhibition - Harland Miller: York, So Good They Named It Once
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.