To work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Survive the Covid-19 crisis and work together with audiences and communities to recover and rebuild
- Deliver innovative public programming which supports an audience-focused, inclusive, visitor-first approach
- Progress two capital projects: the Castle Transformation Project and the Collections Development and Storage Project
- Increase our resilience by expanding enterprises and fundraising activities, investing in our people, and caring for our environment
- Improve York and York Museums Trust’s profiles through local, regional, national and international leadership and partnership to maximise YMT’s impact.
- The Tiger is Coming To Tea at the York Castle Museum
- Free events to evoke memories, stories and connection in York
- York Art Gallery and Mediale celebrate new collaboration
- New for Summer 2022, visit York Castle Museum's exciting new display 'Mechanical Marvels'!
- York Castle Museum partners with York City of Sanctuary and Clifton Green Primary School to welcome Ukrainian refugee families to York