To work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
York Museums Trust shares collections, gardens, buildings, art and stories for learning, enjoyment and wellbeing. Rooted in York and Yorkshire, we look outwards nationally and globally. As a charity, our income enables the Trust to care for heritage and to benefit all.
Our priorities are:
- Survive the Covid-19 crisis and work together with audiences and communities to recover and rebuild
- Deliver innovative public programming which supports an audience-focused, inclusive, visitor-first approach
- Progress two capital projects: the Castle Transformation Project and the Collections Development and Storage Project
- Increase our resilience by expanding enterprises and fundraising activities, investing in our people, and caring for our environment
- Improve York and York Museums Trust’s profiles through local, regional, national and international leadership and partnership to maximise YMT’s impact.
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- York Museums Trust invites York’s Hull Road residents to delve into the past in new community research project
- First York employees help fund next year’s colourful Spring flowers in York Museum Gardens
- A Kirkgate Christmas Tale at York Castle Museum