Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our priorities are:
- Deliver the York Castle Museum major Capital project, including collection and storage rationalisation, and develop the Castle area as a Cultural Quarter
- Excellent, high profile programming, including strategic YMT-led events to attract visitors to York and high quality exhibitions at York Art Gallery
- Expanding Enterprises, and fundraising activities, building on success, becoming a more business-like charity and increasing our income streams and resilience
- Ensuring a Quality and 21st century visitor experience, pro-actively engaging visitors to our sites and online
- Improving York’s and York Museum Trust’s profiles through local, regional and international leadership, partnership and delivering on all the expectations of key stakeholders
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.