News & Media
For press information, contact Lee Clark, Communications Manager, on 01904 687673 or email email@example.com
We welcome travel journalists making press trips at all of our sites and can provide press packs about our latest exhibitions.
The downloadable images which accompany our press releases are for use by press, web and broadcast media only.
If you would like to request permission to publish our images for other purposes, use them commercially or enquire about copyright click here.
All of our venues are available as filming locations and have been used to film drama, news and entertainment programmes.
For more information, contact Lee Clark, Media Co-ordinator, on 01904 687673, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
York Castle Museum
Our famous Victorian Street, Kirkgate, above, provides a mini film-set with authentic re-created shop fronts, a cobbled street and a Hansom cab. The Victorian parlour, Moorland Cottage, Georgian dining room, Jacobean Dining Room, 1940s kitchen and 1950s sitting room all provide period backdrops with authentic detail. The atmospheric Condemned Cell, which once housed infamous highwayman Dick Turpin, has two prison doors and a small window with bars across it.
Yorkshire Museum & Gardens
The magnificent St Mary’s Abbey ruins provide a stunning backdrop to footage about York’s medieval heritage. Treasures such as the Middleham Jewel, the York Helmet and the Ormside Bowl as well as rare Roman discoveries, can help programme makers illustrate the past.
York Art Gallery
A host of British and European art from the last 600 years in a peaceful 19th century building, with a view across to York’s city walls and the Minster.
- York Art Gallery's Leisure Land Golf Campaigns With Art Happens Reaches Its Target
- York Art Gallery Extend Art Happens Campaign To Help Reach Leisure Land Golf Target
- Final Installment Of Project Gallery Exhibition Opens At York Art Gallery Featuring Work By Laurence Payot
- Private Donor Pledges To Match Donations For York Art Gallery's Art Happens Campaign
- New Community Exhibition at York Castle Museum Explores 50 Years of York's LGBT History
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.