York Museums Trust is an independent charitable organisation created to manage:
- York Art Gallery
- York Castle Museum
- Yorkshire Museum & York Museum Gardens
- York St Mary’s
- York Venues
Please see below the job vacancies we currently have at these venues.
Contract: Fixed Term (until April 2020), Full-Time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £19,441 – £21,669 per annum, Scale SC4 (SCP 18 – 21)
Our varied Collections are Designated and used extensively for research and interpretation at sites managed by York Museums Trust, nationally and internationally.
Currently we are working on a project to bring all of the Collections together into a single, purpose-developed unit.
We are looking for an Assistant Registrar to support the work of the Registrar in the management of documentation and documentation systems across the Trust.
The successful candidate will work on discrete documentation projects in support of the development of exhibitions and displays, on major (including capital) projects, loans and ongoing work on documentation backlogs.
- be able to demonstrate a knowledge of museum collections management, especially documentation to Spectrum/Accreditation standards
- have practical experience of working with and handling collections and possess excellent IT skills
- have experience of managing incoming and outgoing loans including making arrangements for insurance, Government Indemnity, packing and transport
Please download the following documents:
Application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
- Yorkshire Museum
- Museum Gardens
- York, YO1 7FR
Electronic applications forms should be submitted in a Word compatible format.
CVs will not be accepted and applications can only be accepted from candidates who have permission to work in the UK. If, after applying, you have not heard from us by two weeks after the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion, as we are unable to respond to every applicant.
As an organisation, York Museums Trust is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Dates to bear in mind…
Closing date for applications is 9 am on Wednesday 24 October 2018
Interviews will take place in York on Monday 12 November 2018
- New Species for Britain Found in York Museum Gardens
- YMT Exclusive - Win Tickets to the VIP Launch of 'When All is Quiet: Kaiser Chiefs in Conversation with York Art Gallery'
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- Kaiser Chiefs to Work With York Art Gallery on New Exhibition
- Planting Starts for York Mediale Environmental Project
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.