Garden Guide (job share)
Part-time, permanent – required from early September 2017
Salary: YMT Scale 1-2, SCP 10-13, actual salary : £3,229 – £3,432 pa
Hours: 7 hrs 20 minutes on Saturday and Sunday, every other weekend
We are looking for a confident, friendly and outgoing individual with a keen interest in horticulture, history or archaeology and a desire to share it. A key aspect of the role is responsibility for the safe use and security of the gardens and the enforcing of garden bylaws.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with the public in a front of house role, and have excellent customer care skills. You must also be able to adapt to changing situations, and enjoy working outdoors and practical work.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete one of our application forms and return it to our HR department before the closing deadline. Please click on the links below to download the documents.
Please return your completed application form to us via email at email@example.com, or by post to Human Resources Dept, Yorkshire Museum, Museum Gardens, York, YO1 7FR.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Wednesday 26th July 2017.
Interviews will take place in York on Friday 18th August 2017.
There are currently no other opportunities available at York Museums Trust.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- The Art and Science of Sleep - Two Events by Susan Aldworth
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.