Get a YMT Card today and visit three wonderful York attractions as many times as you like for a whole year.
With just one visit to each site you can save up to £6 compared to buying individual day tickets, and the more you visit the more you’ll save! It’s the great value way to enjoy some of the best York has to offer.
With a YMT Card, you can…
- Enjoy unlimited free entry to York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and York Art Gallery for a whole year from the date of purchase
- Treat yourself with 10% off purchases from YMT shops, cafes and catering outlets
- Take advantage of priority booking with advance digital copies of our events programmes
- Attend exclusive private views of all our major new exhibitions
- Stay up to date with our regular e-newsletters, featuring exclusive members-only competitions and behind-the-scenes content
…and don’t forget that up to four kids under 17 go free with each YMT Card holder!
How much are YMT Cards?
YMT Card: £22 / £20 by annual Direct Debit
Access YMT Card: £11 / £10 by annual Direct Debit
York Resident YMT Card: £11 / £10 by annual Direct Debit
York Resident Access YMT Card: Free
Our Access YMT Cards are for visitors who are able to demonstrate that they are either aged 17-24 or in receipt of Pension Credit, Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance, or Income Support.
York residents must be able to demonstrate that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary by providing a recent Council Tax statement, a valid YorkCard from an Explore library, a York student ID card or similar.
YMT Cards are not eligible for Group Bookings. Please ask at admissions for further details.
How can I buy a YMT Card?
YMT Cards are available to purchase from the admission desks at York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum and York Art Gallery. You can also purchase YMT Cards over the phone by calling us on 01904 650345 (normal office hours only) and they will be posted out to you, free of charge.
If you would like to upgrade a day ticket to a YMT Card within 48 hours of purchase, please take your receipt to one of our admissions points or have it to hand when you call.
If you would like to enquire about becoming a YMT Card holder, please email us at email@example.com or call 01904 650345.
Can I buy a YMT Card as a gift?
Yes, YMT Cards make excellent gifts!
To purchase a YMT Card on behalf of someone else, visit any one of our admission desks or give us a call. You’ll need to supply us with the recipient’s full name, address, email and telephone number and let us know the date on which you would like their membership to start. We can send gift YMT Cards to any address and each gift comes with a free presentation envelope.
Where does my money go?
York Museums Trust is a registered charity that looks after some of the city’s most treasured artistic and historic collections, buildings and gardens. By joining us today, you’ll be helping us to keep on bringing world-class art and culture to York though exciting events and inspiring exhibitions and to further develop our nationally and internationally-significant collections for generations to come.
If you have been inspired by a visit to one of our sites and wish to do more to support York Museums Trust, we would be most grateful. Find out how gifts and donations of all sizes support our valuable work.
- New Work Which Explores War, Memory and Loss Acquired by York Art Gallery
- ‘The Triumph of Pan’ by Nicolas Poussin - Schools Challenge
- Rare Jigsaw of Europe to Feature in Exhibition About Broken Relationships
- Take Part in the World’s Biggest Birdwatch!
- Visit York Museums Trust sites for Free This York Residents Festival
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.