Buy or renew your YMT Card today to visit three wonderful York attractions as many times as you like for a whole year. It’s the great value way to enjoy some of the best York has to offer.
The YMT Card gives unlimited free entry to York Castle Museum, York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens for 12 months from the date of your purchase. With just one visit to each site you can save up to £5, and the more you visit the more you save.
Remember, kids under 17 go free to all our sites, so the YMT Card gives even more remarkable value to families wanting to make the most of a trip to York.
From dinosaurs to Romans & Vikings; Victorians, the Great War & the Sixties, to great artists and contemporary ceramics, York Museum Trust’s acclaimed collections are always here to inspire.
What are the benefits?
With a YMT Card you can…
- Enjoy a year’s free entry to York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and York Art Gallery.
- Visit all our sites as many times as you like.
- Treat yourself with 10% discount in all our shops and cafes, and save even more on our special Members’ Shopping Days.
- Look first and book first with advance digital copies of our events programmes.
- See our major new exhibitions before anyone else with e-invites to our exclusive YMT Card Holder Previews.
- Stay up to date and be in the know with our regular behind the scenes e-newsletters.
…and don’t forget that up to four kids under 17 can go free with each YMT Card holder!
What does it cost?
Standard YMT Card: £22 (or £20 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Standard YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
Access YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Access YMT Card: Free
Access tickets: up to 50% discount for visitors aged 17-24 or in receipt of Pension Credit or Universal Credit (that’s Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income–based Job Seeker’s Allowance, or Income Support). Evidence may be required. York Museums Trust is an independent charity, we need to raise funds but we are also committed to providing access to everybody.
York residents must be in possession of a valid YorkCard, available from all Explore libraries, a York student ID card, or a current Council Tax bill demonstrating that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary.
YMT Cards are not eligible for Group Bookings. Please ask at admissions for further details.
How can I buy a YMT Card?
YMT Cards are available to purchase at York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum admission desks.
To enquire about becoming a YMT Card holder, please call Lauren Perthen (Membership Supervisor) on 01904 650345 (normal office hours only) or email us at email@example.com.
Please note, that if you would like to upgrade a day ticket to a YMT Card within 48 hours of purchase you can do this at any of our admission desks or via the YMT Card Holder’s Office (normal office hours only) on 01904 650345.
Can I buy a YMT Card as a gift?
Yes, YMT Cards make excellent gifts! To purchase a YMT Card on behalf of someone else, visit any one of our admission desks or call the YMT Card Holder’s Office. You’ll need to supply us with the recipient’s full name, address, email and telephone number and let us know the date on which you would like their membership to start. We can send gift YMT Cards to any address and each gift comes with a free presentation envelope.
Where does my money go?
York Museums Trust is a registered and independent charity. Your membership fee will provide valuable support for our work. It will help us to care for the important spaces and rich variety of significant objects entrusted to us and enable us to bring great art and world-class culture to York through inspiring new exhibitions.
I want to do more to support York Museums Trust. Can I make an additional donation?
Yes and we would be most grateful. We rely on gifts and donations of all sizes to support our valuable work and our collections. Please click here for more information.
We hope that you will enjoy being a YMT Card Holder.
- Bag search at York Museums Trust venues
- York Museums Trust Seeks to Appoint Three New Trustees to the Board from the Autumn of 2017
- Professor Alice Roberts Officially Opens the new Viking: Rediscover the Legend Exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum
- Virtual Reality of the Viking Great Army Winter Camp at Torksey Recreated Using Latest Research for new Yorkshire Museum Exhibition
- Experts Hunt for York’s Roman Amphitheatre as part of the Eboracum Roman Festival 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.