Leaving a gift in your will
As a charity, our vision is to work together with audiences and communities to inspire, to share and to care for cultural heritage.
Leaving a gift to York Museums Trust in your Will is a wonderful way of ensuring that we can continue to share the wonderful collections, gardens, buildings and stories for generations to come.
With your help, we can ensure a sustainable future for York Museums Trust.
York Museums Trust is a charity and, as such, any gift within your Will falls outside of inheritance tax. Giving as part of your Will planning can help to reduce your estate’s inheritance tax bill.
Which type of Gift?
There are a number of ways in which you can leave a gift in your Will. Your solicitor can advise you on the most appropriate type of gift and the wording of your Will.
The information you need to include us in your Will is the name of our charity, address and registered charity number:
York Museums Trust
Registered Address: York Museums Trust, St Mary’s Lodge, Marygate, York YO30 7DR
Registered Charity Number: 1092466.
Thank you again for considering a gift in your Will to York Museums Trust. With your support, we can continue to care for and share our collections with the world.
For more information or a confidential discussion about leaving a legacy to York Museums Trust, please contact Charlotte Kindesjo, Head of Fundraising & Communications
Tel: 01904 650325
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum
- Update on The Yorkshire Museum
- Work by world-renowned artist Damien Hirst on display at York Art Gallery
- A new display of The Anthony Shaw Collection entitled ‘Themes’ opens at the Centre of Ceramic Art