York Museums Trust’s award-winning* museums and art gallery offer inspiring, interactive and hands-on learning opportunities that directly support the National Curriculum.
We welcome school groups to York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and offer help and advice to parties who wish to visit.
Each venue offers an exciting programme of art, science and history workshops for school groups for Early Years Foundation Stage up to Key Stage 2.
All the workshops give pupils the opportunity to handle real museum artefacts and are delivered by experienced museum staff. Tours and bespoke projects are available for Secondary School pupils.
For more information and to book a visit, please call on 01904 687633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @YMT_ Learning for all the latest news on schools, events, adult learning and more.
*York Museums Trust has been awarded the Sandford Award for Heritage Education and the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge
- York Art Gallery Launch Campaign To Bring Doug Fishbone’s Leisure Land Golf to the Artists Garden
- Bring Us Your Viking Loot! Curators at Yorkshire Museum Need Your Help This February Half Term
- Love is Sweet - Enjoy Confectionery-Themed Activities at York Castle Museum This February Half Term
- Landscapes of Remembrance - New Community Room Exhibition To Open At York Castle Museum
- Second display of Alive: Art Between Life and Science goes on show at York Art Gallery
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.