York Museums Trust’s award-winning museums and art gallery offer inspiring, interactive and hands-on learning opportunities that directly support the National Curriculum.
We welcome school groups to York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and offer help and advice to parties who wish to visit.
Each venue offers an exciting programme of art, science and history workshops for school groups for Early Years Foundation Stage up to Key Stage 2.
All the workshops give pupils the opportunity to handle real museum artefacts and are delivered by experienced museum staff. Tours and bespoke projects are available for Secondary School pupils.
York Castle Museum Launches New Schools Poetry Competition
York Castle Museum and award-winning author, poet and voice artist Christina Gabbitas have launched a new poetry competition.
The competition asks school children to take inspiration from the collections at York Castle Museum, including a Victorian wooden train, a toy ‘Strongwoman’ from the Second World War and an Edwardian glove puppet, to create and eight line poem with the winning poems selected to feature in a poetry book.
- York Castle Museum in Bid to Save Rare Silver Spoon
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- National Gallery masterpiece features in a major new exhibition
- Have your say on York Museums Trust and its future development of York Castle Museum
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.