Behind The Scenes at the Museum
Welcome to Behind the Scenes… A chance for you to embark on a journey into the world of York Museums Trust as you never normally see it!
While our physical doors are closed we have opened up virtual access to our buildings, collections and experts for you to delve into and explore, ask questions and help shape the future of our charity! We would love for you to take part in some of the activities, to share your ideas and talents and let your imaginations run wild with your creative take on what our objects get up to when the museum goes dark…
Behind the scenes at York Museums Trust is split into three different areas! Click what you want to explore now!
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum
- Come and play this half term in York Museum Gardens!
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum