Behind the Scenes: Social Outreach
Covid-19 Everyday Time Capsule
The highs, the lows, the memorable and the mundane – York Castle Museum is inviting people to create their own COVID-19 Time Capsule to document their thoughts on living through a pandemic for future generations.
Find out more here and get involved.
Museum Gardens From Home
Sow seeds this spring and take part in a project to create a colourful community flower display in York Museum Gardens planned for this summer. We’re encouraging people to plant any flower seeds they have and to share their experiences, tips and results through social media, creating an online citizen gardening project. The ambition is for people to then bring their blooms to York Museum Gardens for a community display, once they have reopened for the public later this year.
Find out more and get involved.
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Internationally significant ceramics donated to York Art Gallery
- Yorkshire Museum receives a lifeline grant from the Government’s Culture Recovery Fund for external restoration