YMT Open Weekend for York Residents – 24 & 25 June 2017
York residents can visit York Castle Museum, York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum for FREE on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 June 2017. To claim free entry on either of these dates, please bring a valid YorkCard or Council Tax Bill as proof of residency.
Under 17s always go free at all of our sites.
York Castle Museum
Open daily 9.30am – 5pm
Wander through Victorian streets, experience life in a WW1 trench and venture into the prison cells that once held the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin. Discover 400 years of Fashion, Food and Life in Shaping the Body and delve into the delicious history of York’s most iconic chocolates and sweets at our brand new experience: Chocolate – York’s Sweet Past. Find out more.
York Art Gallery
Open daily 10am – 5pm
Voted ‘Visitor Attraction of the Year’ at the Visit York Awards, winner of the Family Friendly Museum in the Kids in Museums awards and shortlisted for the Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016, York Art Gallery is home to CoCA (the Centre of Ceramic Art) and the first major exhibition of York born artist Albert Moore. It features more than 20 paintings from one of the leading artists of the Aesthetic movement in the late nineteenth century. Find out more.
Open daily 10am – 5pm
Journey through thousands of years of York’s history, walk on a genuine Roman mosaic floor, marvel at priceless Viking and Medieval treasures, and the monsters of the deep that swam when Yorkshire was beneath the sea. Now you can see some of the most significant Viking treasure hoards ever discovered in Britain in Viking: Rediscover the Legend, a major new partnership exhibition with the British Museum. Find out more.
YMT Card – 12 Months of Unlimited Visits
Love our museums and gallery? As a York resident you can get a YMT Card and enjoy a whole year of great visits to all of our sites for just £11 or less. As a YMT Card Holder, you’ll get…
- Unlimited admission to three top York attractions
- 10% discount in all our gift shops and cafes
- Exclusive members’ previews
- Priority event booking
- Behind the scenes e-newsletters, and more!
York Residents YMT Card – £11* (or just £10 by Direct Debit)
York Residents Access YMT Card – FREE**
To get your YMT Card just visit one of our sites or call 01904 650345. For more information please visit www.yorkmuseumstrust.org.uk/ymtcard.
* York Residents must be in possession of a valid YorkCard, available from all Explore libraries, a York student ID card, or a current Council Tax bill demonstrating that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary.
** Available to York Residents, aged 17-24 or in receipt of Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit or Income Support. Evidence may be required. Subject to availability.
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- York Museums Trust statement in support of The Rowntree Society
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund