Easter Fun 2019 at York Museums Trust
Enjoy family-friendly activities at York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum and York Art Gallery this Easter!
York Castle Museum
Can you solve all the clues in our special Easter Trail?
From 9-28 April Complete the trail and you could be in with a chance to win a special chocolate egg!
The Easter Trail costs 50p and Castle Museum admission applies. There’s no need to book.
Join in with our egg rolling competition in the riverside area, where prizes will be awarded for the winners of the race.
This event takes place 19-22 April, 10am-12pm and 1-3pm and Castle Museum admission applies. There’s no need to book.
Be part of the People’s Exhibition.
Model your own Jurassic fossil out of clay, create a label for it and display it in our temporary gallery, which will grow ever larger over the Easter Holidays.
This event takes place 13 – 28 April, 11am – 1pm and 2-4pm and is included with your Yorkshire Museum admission. There’s no need to book.
York Art Gallery
Get creative and sketch your favourite pieces of art – one of our many activities for families at York Art Gallery
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- York Museums Trust statement in support of The Rowntree Society
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund