BBC History Weekend 2016
BBC History Magazine‘s weekend is returning to York for the second time and is bigger and better than ever before, with a line up featuring even more expert speakers.
From Friday 18 to Sunday 20 November the festival will be housed in the stunning Yorkshire Museum (Tempest Anderson Hall) in the centre of the city and the hub of the York Museum Gardens. On Sunday the festival will also be taking over the stunning 14th century Hospitium.
Over 20 of the world’s leading historians and authors will descend on the city to share their passion for the past with fellow history lovers including Suzannah Lipscomb, Michael Wood, Janina Ramirez and David Olusoga.
For a full list of ticket prices, the talk programme and to book tickets please visit www.historyweekend.com/york. You can also book tickets over the phone by calling 0871 620 4021
- All YMT attractions are currently closed in line with the Government advice on Coronavirus.
- Future Greats: Aesthetica Art Prize 2020
- Family Fun at York Museums Trust this February and March
- Upcoming exhibition - Harland Miller: York, So Good They Named It Once
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.