York Venues – Weddings and Venues
York Venues offers you four historic venues in the heart of York.
Medieval, Victorian, Neo-Classical, Modern: each offers you a unique space in which to host your perfect event, surrounded by two thousand years of history.
We can help you host anything from a formal banquet to a conference, a trade fair or drinks reception. Of course, we’re most celebrated for magical weddings and civil ceremonies at the Hospitium and Castle Museum.
The 14th century Hospitium is a two-storey listed building set within the beautiful Museum Gardens, overlooked by the striking ruins of St Mary’s Abbey.
The Hospitium is our most versatile venue, available throughout the day and evening.
Situated in York Museum Gardens in the heart of the city, the Yorkshire Museum is available for evening hire.
York Castle Museum provides a charming venue for evening events. It is licensed for weddings and civil ceremonies and can host banquets, parties and other celebrations.
The newly refurbished York Art Gallery is a spectacular venue for a drinks reception or gathering for colleagues or friends.
- Bag search at York Museums Trust venues
- York Museums Trust Seeks to Appoint Three New Trustees to the Board from the Autumn of 2017
- Professor Alice Roberts Officially Opens the new Viking: Rediscover the Legend Exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum
- Virtual Reality of the Viking Great Army Winter Camp at Torksey Recreated Using Latest Research for new Yorkshire Museum Exhibition
- Experts Hunt for York’s Roman Amphitheatre as part of the Eboracum Roman Festival 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.