York Venues – Weddings and Venues
York Venues offers you four historic venues in the heart of York.
Medieval, Victorian, Neo-Classical, Modern: each offers you a unique space in which to host your perfect event, surrounded by two thousand years of history.
We can help you host anything from a formal banquet to a conference, a trade fair or drinks reception. Of course, we’re most celebrated for magical weddings and civil ceremonies at the Hospitium and Castle Museum.
Follow us on Instagram for up-to-date images of our weddings and events @YorkVenues
The 14th century Hospitium is a two-storey listed building set within the beautiful Museum Gardens, overlooked by the striking ruins of St Mary’s Abbey.
The Hospitium is our most versatile venue, available throughout the day and evening.
Situated in York Museum Gardens in the heart of the city, the Yorkshire Museum is available for evening hire.
York Castle Museum provides a charming venue for evening events. It is licensed for weddings and civil ceremonies and can host banquets, parties and other celebrations.
The newly refurbished York Art Gallery is a spectacular venue for a drinks reception or gathering for colleagues or friends.
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum
- Come and play this half term in York Museum Gardens!
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum