Eboracum Roman Festival
The Romans Return!
After the success of the first Eboracum Roman Festival in 2016, which saw more than 28,000 people attend, we are pleased to announce the dates for 2017. The festival will return on 1 to 4 June 2017 with a packed programme of displays, exhibits, events and activities suitable for all ages.
Keep visiting this website for updates on the festival.
If you would like to get involved or support the festival, please contact our Communications and Evaluations Manager Lee Clark at email@example.com.
Eboracum Roman Festival – 1 to 5 June 2016
The armies of ancient Rome returned to York in June 2016 for a new festival complete with military parades, siege weapon demonstrations, guided walks and expert speakers.
Based in the York Museum Gardens, the festival included fighting displays, children’s army drills, a Roman camp showing domestic Roman life, stalls selling themed goods, book readings, guest lectures, guided walks, and a Roman march through the streets of the city.
Famous faces included leading Egyptologist Jo Fletcher and bestselling children’s author Caroline Lawrence.
For more information, visit our Eboracum Roman Festival 2016 page here.
- York Art Gallery's Leisure Land Golf Campaigns With Art Happens Reaches Its Target
- York Art Gallery Extend Art Happens Campaign To Help Reach Leisure Land Golf Target
- Final Installment Of Project Gallery Exhibition Opens At York Art Gallery Featuring Work By Laurence Payot
- Private Donor Pledges To Match Donations For York Art Gallery's Art Happens Campaign
- New Community Exhibition at York Castle Museum Explores 50 Years of York's LGBT History
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.