Eboracum Roman Festival
The Romans return! Following two successful years, the Eboracum Roman Festival returns to the York 1 – 3 June 2018 – updates coming soon!
After the success of the first Eboracum Roman Festival in 2016, which saw more than 28,000 people attend, the festival returned in 2017 with an even bigger and better programme of family-friendly displays, exhibits, events and activities, including military parades, siege weapon demonstrations, a camp showing what domestic life was like during the period, and stalls selling themed goods. Download the 2017 festival leaflet here to see the full list of events.
The Yorkshire Museum, home some of Britain’s most treasured Roman artefacts, ran a variety of themed activities and workshops over the course of the weekend, with additional events taking place at venues across the city featuring leading experts and authors.
The 2017 festival was extra special as it saw the launch of the Wold Newton Hoard back on display at the Yorkshire Museum. The rare collection of Roman coins contained in a vessel was acquired by York Museums Trust thanks to public donations in 2016, and underwent extensive conservation before being put back on display.
The festival was project led by York Museums Trust (charity no. 1092466) working in partnership with Lanpro.
Our thanks go to the Roman Bath Museum, Owl Adventures, The National Trust, Make it York, City of York Council, and to all of the organisers, experts, authors, volunteers and more who made the festival such a success.
- York’s First Umbrella? New Display at York Castle Museum To Showcase Rare Finds
- International Garden Photographer of the Year Comes to York Museum Gardens for 2018
- YMT Card Holders Invited to Exclusive Private View of Two New Exhibitions at York Art Gallery This May
- Thought provoking works of art to go on display at York Art Gallery this May in exhibition 'The Sea is the Limit'
- Prehistoric Reptile Pregnant with Octuplets on Display in Yorkshire Museum's New Jurassic Exhibition
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.