Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible.
The Arts Award mission is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills, and to achieve a national qualification. Arts Award can be achieved at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award.
- Discover – Introductory award aimed at 5-9 year olds (although any child can take part)
Through Arts Award’s five levels, children and young people aged up to 25 can explore any art form including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia.
The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England working with 10 regional Bridge organisations. Since its launch in 2005, the award has grown quickly and is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
- York Museums Trust announce first Pop Up Plant Shop in Museum Gardens
- Eboracum Roman Festival is BACK!
- Colourful tulips light up York Museum Gardens thanks to donation by First York employees
- ‘This is England’ ceramic Charger to go on display at York Art Gallery
- Build your dream castle in the York Castle Museum BRICKLIVE play pit this Easter!