Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible.
The Arts Award mission is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills, and to achieve a national qualification. Arts Award can be achieved at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award.
- Discover – Introductory award aimed at 5-9 year olds (although any child can take part)
Through Arts Award’s five levels, children and young people aged up to 25 can explore any art form including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia.
The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England working with 10 regional Bridge organisations. Since its launch in 2005, the award has grown quickly and is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
- Free Entry to York Art Gallery with a National Lottery Ticket
- York's Hospitium Crowned Yorkshire Wedding Venue of the Year
- Award-Winning Victorian Christmas Now Open at York Castle Museum
- Nicolas Poussin’s The Triumph of Pan Travelling the UK in 2019
- Flags Marking End of First World War Rediscovered 100 Years on
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.