Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible.
The Arts Award mission is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills, and to achieve a national qualification. Arts Award can be achieved at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award.
- Discover – Introductory award aimed at 5-9 year olds (although any child can take part)
Through Arts Award’s five levels, children and young people aged up to 25 can explore any art form including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia.
The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England working with 10 regional Bridge organisations. Since its launch in 2005, the award has grown quickly and is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
- Trustee of York Museums Trust included in the Woman’s Hour Power List 2020: Our Planet
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- York Museums Trust has now completed its redundancy process.
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.