Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible.
The Arts Award mission is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills, and to achieve a national qualification. Arts Award can be achieved at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award.
- Discover – Introductory award aimed at 5-9 year olds (although any child can take part)
Through Arts Award’s five levels, children and young people aged up to 25 can explore any art form including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia.
The award builds confidence, helps young people to enjoy cultural activities, and prepares them for further education or employment.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England working with 10 regional Bridge organisations. Since its launch in 2005, the award has grown quickly and is now flourishing in arts centres, colleges and schools, community projects, libraries, galleries, local authorities, theatres, youth clubs and youth justice settings.
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- National Gallery masterpiece features in a major new exhibition
- Have your say on York Museums Trust and its future development of York Castle Museum
- Sounds Like Her - A new exhibition exploring Gender, Sound Art and Sonic Cultures
- UK premiere for Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.