York Museums Trust Card Terms and Conditions
Please find herewith the terms and conditions for the York Museums Trust Card.
• Card Holder – the individual in whose name the YMT Card is purchased.
• YMT – York Museums Trust (The Trust)
• Card – the card that is given to you when you purchase a YMT Card. It is proof you are a Card Holder.
• Expiry Date – the date on which your YMT Card expires. This will be 12 consecutive months from date of joining.
• YMT attractions – York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens, York Castle Museum.
• If you join at admissions, you will be given your YMT Card and Welcome Book immediately.
• If you join on line, by post or phone, your YMT Card and Welcome Book ,that will confirm your membership start date, will be sent within five working days of processing your application.
• Your YMT Card is valid for 12 consecutive months from date of purchase.
• You must show a valid YMT Card at admissions, shop and café to redeem your benefits.
• Your YMT Card entitles you to free admission to York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and, from 1 August 2015, York Art Gallery, during normal opening hours. The Museums and Gallery are open every day apart from 25 and 26 December, and close at 3.00pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Please check opening hours prior to visiting.
• Your YMT Card entitles you to a 10% discount on most purchases in the shops at all sites and in our café(s) at York Castle Museum and York Art Gallery.
• Your YMT Card does not entitle you to free admission to charging events/exhibitions.
• Your YMT Card is only valid for the individual named on your card.
• It is non-transferable.
• The YMT Card remains the property of YMT at all times.
• YMT reserves the right to withdraw benefits if it believes the card is being used by someone other than the named member.
Data, marketing and data protection
• To purchase a YMT Card, in addition to a valid form of payment, you need to supply your name, address, email address (wherever possible), date of birth and be willing to have your photo taken. The photo is used purely for security in the event of your card being lost.
• YMT will not supply your personal data to any other organisations.
• We will only contact you with details of events, activities and offers run by YMT or matters relating to your membership.
• YMT complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered with the Information Commissioner.
Lost or stolen cards
• We will replace your first lost card free of charge. Subsequent losses will be charged at £5.00 per card unless there is proof of theft, such as a police report or crime number.
Cancelling your membership
On site purchases
• Your YMT Card is non-refundable.
Distance sales – post, web, phone
• You have the right to cancel within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the membership/contract start date. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform the YMT Card Holders’ Office (YMT Card Holders’ Office, York Museums Trust, Yorkshire Museum, York Museum Gardens, York, YO1 7FR. Tel 09104 687654. Email email@example.com) of your decision to cancel the contact by a clear statement (letter or email) before the cancellation period ends. You may use the model cancellation form on our website, but it is not obligatory.
• Please note that if you use your YMT Card/benefits at any YMT site within the cancellation period, you are making an express request for YMT to begin supplying the membership services.
Effects of Cancellation
• If you subsequently exercise your right to cancel the contract within the cancellation period, you shall be responsible to paying YMT the cost of the services provided from the start of the contract. If this is less than the membership Fee you have paid then YMT shall deduct the relevant amount from the refund.
• We will make reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We are sure this won’t apply to you, however …
YMT reserves the right to refuse entry and revoke membership without a refund if a member:
• Uses threatening or abusive behaviour to staff or customers whilst on YMT premises.
• Damages or threatens to damage any YMT property.
• Is trying to gain access using a counterfeit card.
• Is believed to be loaning/giving their YMT Card to a third party to enable them to gain free admission to YMT attractions.
YMT reserves the right to:
• Refuse YMT Card applications and refuse entry.
• Change/stop promotions/discounts at any time without any notice.
• Close an attraction at anytime, without prior notice. Being in possession of a valid membership card does not guarantee access.
• Terms and conditions can be varied/changed at any time.
• A YMT Card has no cash value and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.