YMT Card Members Instagram Competition
We’re delighted to be hosting the International Garden Photographer of the Year exhibition and the first ever BLOOM! festival in York Museum Gardens this summer. To celebrate, we’re launching an exclusive photography competition for our YMT Card Holders with great prizes up for grabs!
How to Enter
- Follow yorkmuseumgardens on Instagram
- Capture a photo of York Museum Gardens at their most beautiful and share it with the hashtag #YMTmemberscomp
Don’t forget to tag your friends and tell them about our great membership scheme!
- 1st Prize: Our lucky winner and up to five guests will receive a delicious afternoon tea at Café No. 8, a private tour of York Museum Gardens with Garden Manager (and BBC Radio 4 Gardeners’ Question Time panellist) Alison Pringle. The winner will also receive a copy of the beautiful and glossy International Garden Photographer of the Year book and a copy of Museum Gardens Through the Seasons by Dr Peter Addyman and Chris Shepherd of York Philosophical Society.
- 2nd & 3rd Prize: The runners up will each receive a copy of the beautiful and glossy International Garden Photographer of the Year book and a copy of Museum Gardens Through the Seasons by York Philosophical Society.
The winners will also have their images featured across YMT’s social media streams, on the YMT website and in the YMT Card holders’ e-newsletter.
Images: Narcissus Paradise by Anne Maenurm, Cerrado Sunrise by Marcio Cabral, Serendipity by Andrea Pozzi.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must hold a valid YMT Card at the time of submission.
- The competition closes at midnight on the 7 August 2018 and entries submitted after this time will not be counted. Entries from private/locked accounts will also not be counted.
- The winners will be selected by our panel of judges and contacted via Instagram soon after to verify their membership details. YMT’s decision is final. If winners cannot be contacted after seven days we reserve the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
- By entering the competition, you are consenting for YMT to reproduce your image in their promotional materials, on their website and on their social media accounts. Winners may choose to remain anonymous or to be identified by their Instagram account name only.
- The afternoon tea and tour offered as first prize in the adult competition must be taken before the 30th September 2018.
- Prizes are not transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
- No responsibility can be taken by the organisers for images that are incorrectly submitted.
- Digital manipulation of the image (e.g. filtering) is allowed.
Please note that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.
For more information, please email us at [email protected] or call 01904 650345. Good luck!
- All YMT attractions are currently closed in line with the Government advice on Coronavirus.
- Future Greats: Aesthetica Art Prize 2020
- Family Fun at York Museums Trust this February and March
- Upcoming exhibition - Harland Miller: York, So Good They Named It Once
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.