York Museums Trust was formed on 1 August 2002 as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Supported by the Council, York Museums Trust is responsible for York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and York St Mary’s.
Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our collections are of national and international importance, and our museums and galleries welcome thousands of visitors each year. The challenge for us is to care for them and develop them for future generations.
We are a registered charity and work hard to secure successful funding applications to build on our core funding from local and national government.
For more information please contact Rebecca Williams (Fundraising Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 687687.
- Award Winning Film, Talk and Exhibition on the Refugee Crisis
- York Museums Trust’s Open Weekend
- New Days for the York’s Sweet Past: A taste of success - the Inspirational Mary Ann Craven
- New Display at the Yorkshire Museum Reveals the Hidden Women of the Yorkshire Philosophical Society
- York Art Gallery to host Aesthetica Art Prize 2018 Exhibition from 18 May 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.