York Museums Trust was formed on 1 August 2002 as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Help us continue to share the wonderful collections, gardens, buildings and stories in our care for generations to come.
Covid-19 and the impact on York Museums Trust.
These are unprecedented times and the indefinite closure of York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum, York Art Gallery and York Museum Gardens presents a major financial threat to the future sustainability of York Museums Trust.
70% of our income comes from ticket and membership sales, therefore your support is crucial for our survival.
Please donate if you can:
To make a donation click HERE.
To Donate £5, text YMT to 70660*
York Museums Trust is a registered charity 1092466.
A personal message to you from our Chief Executive, Reyahn King
- York Museums Trust’s #CuratorBattle shortlisted in the ‘Being Social’ category at this years’ Digital Culture Awards
- Staff health and wellbeing shown to be at the heart of York Museums Trust. All staff to benefit from a week’s holiday in early January and encouraged to rest and recuperate
- York Museums Trust partner with award-winning House of Memories to launch new app to help those living with dementia
- York Art Gallery selected as finalists for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the Visit York Awards 2022
- York Museums Trust invites York’s Hull Road residents to delve into the past in new community research project