York Museums Trust was formed on 1 August 2002 as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Help us continue to share the wonderful collections, gardens, buildings and stories in our care for generations to come.
Covid-19 and the impact on York Museums Trust.
These are unprecedented times and the indefinite closure of York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum, York Art Gallery and York Museum Gardens presents a major financial threat to the future sustainability of York Museums Trust.
70% of our income comes from ticket and membership sales, therefore your support is crucial for our survival. Please donate if you can here.
A personal message to you from our Chief Executive, Reyahn King
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- York Museums Trust has now completed its redundancy process.
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
- A statement addressing new national restrictions
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.