York Museums Trust was formed on 1 August 2002 as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council.
Help us continue to share the wonderful collections, gardens, buildings and stories in our care for generations to come.
Covid-19 and the impact on York Museums Trust.
These are unprecedented times and the indefinite closure of York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum, York Art Gallery and York Museum Gardens presents a major financial threat to the future sustainability of York Museums Trust.
70% of our income comes from ticket and membership sales, therefore your support is crucial for our survival.
Please donate if you can:
To make a donation click HERE.
To Donate £5, text YMT to 70660*
York Museums Trust is a registered charity 1092466.
A personal message to you from our Chief Executive, Reyahn King
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum
- Update on The Yorkshire Museum
- Work by world-renowned artist Damien Hirst on display at York Art Gallery
- A new display of The Anthony Shaw Collection entitled ‘Themes’ opens at the Centre of Ceramic Art