York Museums Trust was formed on August 1 2002, as an independent charitable trust to manage the museums and gallery service previously run by City of York Council. Supported by the Council, York Museums Trust is responsible for York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and York St Mary’s.
Our Vision is for York Museums Trust to play a major part in positioning York as a world class cultural centre.
Our Mission is to cherish the collections, buildings and gardens entrusted to us, presenting and interpreting them as a stimulus for learning, a provocation to curiosity and a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all.
Our collections are of national and international importance, and our museums and galleries welcome thousands of visitors each year. The challenge for us is to care for them and develop them for future generations.
We are a registered charity and work hard to secure successful funding applications to build on our core funding from local and national government.
For more information please contact Rebecca Williams (Fundraising Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 687687.
A Revery – Albert Moore
York Art Gallery have launched a campaign to bring home one of Albert Moore’s finest works, A Revery, which is considered to be the artist’s most significant work still in private hands. The painting is currently on show in the gallery as part of the new exhibition.
The gallery needs to raise £3.6 million to acquire the work so it stays in the city for generations of visitors to enjoy.
- York Museums Trust Seeks to Appoint Three New Trustees to the Board from the Autumn of 2017
- Professor Alice Roberts Officially Opens the new Viking: Rediscover the Legend Exhibition at the Yorkshire Museum
- Virtual Reality of the Viking Great Army Winter Camp at Torksey Recreated Using Latest Research for new Yorkshire Museum Exhibition
- Experts Hunt for York’s Roman Amphitheatre as part of the Eboracum Roman Festival 2017
- York St Mary's Contemporary Art Venue Reopens 7 June With New Exhibition By Artist Susan Aldworth
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.