York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
- Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
- Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
- Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
- Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com.
Follow us @YMT_ Learning for the latest information on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- New Species for Britain Found in York Museum Gardens
- YMT Exclusive - Win Tickets to the VIP Launch of 'When All is Quiet: Kaiser Chiefs in Conversation with York Art Gallery'
- Come “Speed Dating” to See Which Objects You Fall In Love With
- Kaiser Chiefs to Work With York Art Gallery on New Exhibition
- Planting Starts for York Mediale Environmental Project
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.