York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
- Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
- Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
- Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
- Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com.
Follow us @YMT_ Learning for the latest information on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- York Museums Trust To Host Consultation Meetings To Improve Access Across Sites
- York Castle Museum wins Best Attraction and Best Christmas Experience in the Little Vikings Awards 2018
- York Venues to host Wedding Open Day at the Hospitium on 14 January 2018
- York Venues Receive Two Nominations for the UK Wedding Awards 2018
- Dinosaurs, Vivienne Westwood and the BFG! York Museums Trust’s Major Exhibitions and Events for 2018
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.