York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
- Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
- Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
- Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
- Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email [email protected].
Follow us @YMT_ Learning for the latest information on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
- York Museums Trust statement in support of The Rowntree Society
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund