York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
- Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
- Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
- Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
- Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us @YMT_ Learning for the latest information on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- Theatrical Performance and Exhibition Commemorate the Life of Lawrence Rowntree and the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Passchendaele at York Castle Museum
- Call Out for Dancers, Singers and Musicians to become a Work of Art at York Art Gallery
- PICASSO: Ceramics from the Attenborough Collection - A Major New Exhibition at York Art Gallery
- The Art and Science of Sleep - Two Events by Susan Aldworth
- Double Discount Shopping Day at all of our sites for YMT Card Holders on 15 July 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.