Our curatorial team have a great deal of expertise about our own collections and are happy to help try and identify your objects.
Across York Museums Trust, we cover a wide range of subjects including archaeology, biology, costume and textiles, decorative art, fine art, geology, military history and social history.
If you would like an object identifying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, providing as much information about the object as you can, including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought. Regrettably, we cannot give advice on items for sale and cannot give valuations.
If you are enquiring about an object we own, that you have seen photographed or published, please try and provide as many details as you can about where you saw it.
To make an enquiry, please email email@example.com. Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries we receive, it may take up to a month to receive a reply.
- #CuratorBattle received a Highly Commended from the Museum and Heritage Awards
- York Museums Trust invitation to tenders
- York Museums Trust’s project #CuratorBattle shortlisted for two national awards.
- Celebrate Summer at York Museum Gardens
- This national lottery open week, we’re saying #thankstoyou with free Grayson Perry entry