Our curatorial team have a great deal of expertise about our own collections and are happy to help try and identify your objects.
Across York Museums Trust, we cover a wide range of subjects including archaeology, biology, costume and textiles, decorative art, fine art, geology, military history and social history.
If you would like an object identifying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, providing as much information about the object as you can, including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought. Regrettably, we cannot give advice on items for sale and cannot give valuations.
If you are enquiring about an object we own, that you have seen photographed or published, please try and provide as many details as you can about where you saw it.
To make an enquiry, please email email@example.com. Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries we receive, it may take up to a month to receive a reply.
- All YMT attractions are currently closed in line with the Government advice on Coronavirus.
- Future Greats: Aesthetica Art Prize 2020
- Family Fun at York Museums Trust this February and March
- Upcoming exhibition - Harland Miller: York, So Good They Named It Once
- Famous Portrait of King Richard III to go on Display at the Yorkshire Museum
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.