Our curatorial team have a great deal of expertise about our own collections and are happy to help try and identify your objects.
Across York Museums Trust, we cover a wide range of subjects including archaeology, biology, costume and textiles, decorative art, fine art, geology, military history and social history.
If you would like an object identifying, please email [email protected] in the first instance, providing as much information about the object as you can, including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought. Regrettably, we cannot give advice on items for sale and cannot give valuations.
If you are enquiring about an object we own, that you have seen photographed or published, please try and provide as many details as you can about where you saw it.
To make an enquiry, please email [email protected]. Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries we receive, it may take up to a month to receive a reply.
- New display at York Art Gallery - ‘Pictures of the Floating World: Japanese Ukiyo-e Prints’
- York Museums Trust CEO joins National Museums Directors’ Council Executive Committee
- York Museums Trust to receive £423,000 from Government’s Culture Recovery Fund
- Internationally significant ceramics donated to York Art Gallery
- Yorkshire Museum receives a lifeline grant from the Government’s Culture Recovery Fund for external restoration