Our curatorial team have a great deal of expertise about our own collections and are happy to help try and identify your objects.
Across York Museums Trust, we cover a wide range of subjects including archaeology, biology, costume and textiles, decorative art, fine art, geology, military history and social history.
If you would like an object identifying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, providing as much information about the object as you can, including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought. Regrettably, we cannot give advice on items for sale and cannot give valuations.
If you are enquiring about an object we own, that you have seen photographed or published, please try and provide as many details as you can about where you saw it.
To make an enquiry, please email email@example.com. Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries we receive, it may take up to a month to receive a reply.
- Rare Roman bronzes acquired by the Yorkshire Museum
- Come and play this half term in York Museum Gardens!
- Young Gainsborough: Rediscovered Landscape Drawings - Twenty-five recently attributed Gainsborough drawings go on show for the first time alongside major works
- Clay, Peat and Cage - UK premiere of work by Yorkshire-based artists at York Art Gallery
- Lockdown artwork by Asylum Seekers to go on show in new display opening at York Castle Museum