Our curatorial team have a great deal of expertise about our own collections and are happy to help try and identify your objects.
Across York Museums Trust, we cover a wide range of subjects including archaeology, biology, costume and textiles, decorative art, fine art, geology, military history and social history.
If you would like an object identifying, please email [email protected] in the first instance, providing as much information about the object as you can, including, if possible, a detailed description, a photograph, and the exact location where it was found or bought. Regrettably, we cannot give advice on items for sale and cannot give valuations.
If you are enquiring about an object we own, that you have seen photographed or published, please try and provide as many details as you can about where you saw it.
To make an enquiry, please email [email protected]. Please note that due to the high volume of enquiries we receive, it may take up to a month to receive a reply.
- Trustee of York Museums Trust included in the Woman’s Hour Power List 2020: Our Planet
- New paintings by prominent British artists acquired by York Art Gallery
- Former director of the National Railway Museum and London Transport Museum joins York Museums Trust Board of Trustees
- York Museums Trust has now completed its redundancy process.
- Major Digital Arts Exhibition Human Nature to run until May 9 2021
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.