If you would like to borrow one of our objects or paintings for an exhibition or for other uses, you will need to request permission.
We will need details from you about why you wish to borrow the item and if permission is granted, we ask that you comply with certain conditions.
To make a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of our loans are to other museums and galleries and we expect the public to be able to benefit from our collections.
Please note that we may need up to six months’ notice because of the time required to arrange for conservation work, photography, insurance and transport.
- Yorkshire Museum and DC Labs (University of York) win York Culture Award 2017 for Viking VR
- Give a year of great days out this Christmas with the YMT Card
- Projects involving York Museums Trust shortlisted for three York Cultural Awards
- Last chance to see two major exhibitions at York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum this week
- Trip Trap Troll! Visit the Yorkshire Museum this October half term to make and play this traditional Viking game
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.