Buy or renew your YMT Card today to visit three wonderful York attractions as many times as you like for a whole year. It’s the great value way to enjoy some of the best York has to offer.
The YMT Card gives unlimited free entry to York Castle Museum, York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum and Gardens. With just one visit to each site you can save up to £5, and the more you visit the more you save.
Remember, kids under 17 go free to all our sites, so the YMT Card gives even more remarkable value to families wanting to make the most of a trip to York.
From dinosaurs to Romans & Vikings; Victorians, the Great War & the Sixties, to great artists and contemporary ceramics, York Museum Trust’s acclaimed collections are always here to inspire.
What are the benefits?
With a YMT Card you can…
- Enjoy a year’s free entry to York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and York Art Gallery (which has been shortlisted for the prestigious ‘Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016’ award and crowned ‘Visitor Attraction of the Year’ at the Visit York Awards!)
- Visit all our sites as many time as you like.
- Treat yourself with 10% discount in all our shops and cafes.
- Be the first to look at and the first to book onto our events programmes.
- Be the first to see our new exhibitions with e-invites to our exclusive Card Holder Previews.
- Stay up to date and be in the know with our regular behind the scenes e-newsletters
…and don’t forget that up to four kids under 17 can go free with each YMT Card holder!
Plus, from 25 June 2016 – 28 February 2017, YMT Card holders can get free admission to the JORVIK: Home and Away exhibition at York St. Mary’s, Castlegate.
What does it cost?
Standard YMT Card: £22 (or £20 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Standard YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
Access YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Access YMT Card: Free
Access tickets: up to 50% discount for visitors aged 17-24 or in receipt of Pension Credit or Universal Credit (that’s Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income–based Job Seeker’s Allowance, or Income Support). Evidence may be required. York Museums Trust is an independent charity, we need to raise funds but we are also committed to providing access to everybody.
York residents must be in possession of a valid YorkCard, available from all Explore libraries, a York student ID card, or a current Council Tax bill demonstrating that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary.
The discounted rate for Direct Debits is applicable for the first year of membership only.
On 24.09.15 the City of York Council granted 4,000 free YMT Access Cards to eligible York residents with a valid YorkCardYork student ID card or current Council Tax bill. These are available on a first come, first serve basis and are not eligible for Group Bookings. Please ask at admissions for further details.
How can I buy a YMT Card?
YMT Cards are available to purchase at York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum admission desks.
To enquire about becoming a YMT Card holder, please call Lauren Perthen (Membership Supervisor) on 01904 650345 (normal office hours only) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that if you would like to upgrade a day ticket to a YMT Card within 48 hours of purchase you can do this at any of our admission desks or via the YMT Card Holder’s Office (normal office hours only) on 01904 650345.
Where does my money go?
York Museums Trust is a registered and independent charity. Your membership fee will provide valuable support for our work. It will help us to care for the important spaces and rich variety of significant objects entrusted to us and enable us to bring great art and world-class culture to York through inspiring new exhibitions.
We hope that you will enjoy being a YMT Card Holder.
- York Museums Trust and York Theatre Royal Announce New Playwright Commission
- Visitors Offered Ten Of York’s Most Iconic Selfie Locations With New Online Interactive Map
- York Castle Museum Named In Top Ten Best Museums In The UK 2016 By TripAdvisor
- Exclusive YMT Card Holders' Exhibition Preview For 'Flesh' At York Art Gallery Announced
- Opportunity Now Available For New Trustees To Join The Board At York Museums Trust
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.