Get your YMT Card today to visit three wonderful York attractions as many times as you like for a whole year. It’s the great value way to enjoy some of the best York has to offer.
The YMT Card gives unlimited free entry to York Castle Museum, York Art Gallery and the Yorkshire Museum and Gardens. With just one visit to each site you can save up to £5, and the more you visit the more you save.
Remember, kids under 17 go free to all our sites, so the YMT Card gives even more remarkable value to families wanting to make the most of a trip to York.
From dinosaurs to Romans & Vikings; Victorians, the Great War & the Sixties, to great artists and contemporary ceramics, York Museum Trust’s acclaimed collections are always here to inspire. And, new for 2016, you can now visit two major NEW exhibitions with your YMT Card – Shaping the Body at York Castle Museum and Truth and Memory: British Art of the First World War at York Art Gallery.
What are the benefits?
With a YMT Card you can…
- Enjoy a year’s free entry to York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and York Art Gallery (which has been shortlisted for the prestigious Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016 award!)
- Visit all our sites as many time as you like.
- Treat yourself with 10% in all our shops and cafes.
- Be the first to look at and the first to book onto our events programmes.
- Be the first to see our new exhibitions with e-invites to our exclusive Card Holder Previews.
- Stay up to date and be in the know with our regular e-newsletters
…and don’t forget that up to four kids under 17 can go free with each YMT Card holder!
What does it cost?
Standard YMT Card: £22 (or £20 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Standard YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
Access YMT Card: £11 (or £10 by annual Direct Debit)
York Resident’s Access YMT Card: Free
Access tickets: up to 50% discount for visitors aged 17-24 or in receipt of Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income–based Job seeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit or Income Support. Evidence may be required. York Museums Trust is an independent charity, we need to raise funds but we are also committed to providing access to everybody.
York residents must be in possession of a valid YorkCard, available from all Explore libraries.
The discounted rate for Direct Debits is applicable for the first year of membership only.
On 24.09.15 the City of York Council granted 4,000 free YMT Access Cards to eligible York residents with a valid YorkCard. These are available on a first come, first serve basis and are not eligible for Group Bookings. Please ask at admissions for further details.
How can I buy a YMT Card?
YMT Cards are available to purchase at York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum admission desks.
To enquire about becoming a YMT Card holder, please call Lauren Perthen (Membership Co-Ordinator) on 01904 650345 or email us at email@example.com.
Where does my money go?
York Museums Trust is a registered charity. Your membership fees provide valuable support for our work. It will help us to conserve the important spaces and rich variety of significant objects in our care. That’s priceless.
Every YMT Card purchase is a gift to us which helps ensure that our museums, gallery and gardens will stay places of discovery, excitement, enjoyment and learning for visitors today and for future generations.
- York Art Gallery Wins the Visit York Attraction of the Year Award 2016
- Meet the Men Who Made History at York Castle Museum on Friday 17 June 2016
- Temporary Closure of the Burton Gallery for Exciting Rehang of Old Masters
- TV Personality and Best-Selling Author to Appear at the Eboracum Roman Festival
- 8 May 2016: Power Issues at York Castle Museum Now Resolved
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.