York Museums Trust’s award-winning* museums and art gallery offer inspiring, interactive and hands-on learning opportunities that directly support the National Curriculum.
We welcome school groups to York Art Gallery, York Castle Museum and the Yorkshire Museum & Gardens and offer help and advice to parties who wish to visit.
Each venue offers an exciting programme of art, science and history workshops for school groups for Early Years Foundation Stage up to Key Stage 2.
All the workshops give pupils the opportunity to handle real museum artefacts and are delivered by experienced museum staff. Tours and bespoke projects are available for Secondary School pupils.
For more information and to book a visit, please call on 01904 687633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @YMT_ Learning for all the latest news on schools, events, adult learning and more.
*York Museums Trust has been awarded the Sandford Award for Heritage Education and the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge
- York Art Gallery nominated for the European Museum of the Year
- York Proms Launched for 2017 to be Set in the York Museum Gardens
- ALIVE: Art Between Life and Science - New Display At York Art Gallery To Open 9 December 2016
- Christmas Special of our Relaxed Opening Event at York Castle Museum Planned for 11 December 2016
- Yorkshire Museum Lift Repaired 27 November 2016
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.