York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
• Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
• Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
• Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
• Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @YMT_ Learning for all the latest news on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- Reading Room and Library at Yorkshire Museum Temporarily Closed on 11 & 12 August 2016
- Tickets Available for York Art Gallery's Artists Garden Party on 18 August 2016 to Launch First Commission
- Yorkshire Museum to Raise £44,200 to Save the Largest Roman Hoard of its Type Discovered in the North
- York Art Gallery Nominated for Family Friendly Museum of the Year Award
- York Art Gallery a Runner Up for Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.