York Museums Trust works with many local community groups, as part of our day to day work organising exhibitions, collections and learning programmes.
Territories is York Museum Trust’s community arts programme, funded by the Arts Council.
It has been running successfully for over ten years. The project gives opportunities to local community groups a series of practical workshop sessions in the gallery, lead by a professional artist. The content of the sessions relates directly to art in the collection and on display in York Art Gallery, Yorkshire Museum and York Castle Museum.
Territories aims to:
• Bring people into the Gallery who would not otherwise visit.
• Provide creative learning opportunities for the wider community.
• Engender community ownership of the Gallery and its collection.
• Broaden and inform approaches to the interpretation of, and access to, our collection.
Please contact us for more information – call 01904 687687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @YMT_ Learning for all the latest news on Territories, schools, events, adult learning and more.
- Major Development Being Planned for York Castle Museum
- York Museums Trust Receive Grant from the DCMS/Wolfson Museums and Galleries Improvement Fund
- Star Carr Headdress Celebrated as Part of Royal Mail 'Ancient Britain' Special Stamps
- York Museums Trust Appoint Fundraising Manager
- New Exhibition Confirmed for York Castle Museum - Chocolate: York’s Sweet Past To Open Easter 2017
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.