A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- York Art Gallery Announced Winners of the Family Friendly Museum Award 2016
- Second Relaxed Opening Event To Take Place at York Castle Museum This October
- York Museums Trust and York Theatre Royal Announce New Playwright Commission
- Visitors Offered Ten Of York’s Most Iconic Selfie Locations With New Online Interactive Map
- York Castle Museum Named In Top Ten Best Museums In The UK 2016 By TripAdvisor
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.