A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- 'V&A Undressed: A Brief History of Underwear' Special Event at York Castle Museum on 7 July 2016
- Battle of the Somme Special Exhibition and 1916 Film Mark 100 Years Since the Battle
- Schools Competition to Create Installation of Yorkshire Roses in the York Museum Gardens
- New Exhibition for Yorkshire Museum - Invitation To Tender for 'VIKING'
- York Museums Trust First Open Weekend To Take Place 25 & 26 June 2016
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.