If you would like to borrow one of our objects or paintings for an exhibition or for other uses, you will need to request permission.
We will need details from you about why you wish to borrow the item and if permission is granted, we ask that you comply with certain conditions.
To make a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Most of our loans are to other museums and galleries and we expect the public to be able to benefit from our collections.
Please note that we may need up to six months’ notice because of the time required to arrange for conservation work, photography, insurance and transport.
- York Art Gallery Announced Winners of the Family Friendly Museum Award 2016
- Second Relaxed Opening Event To Take Place at York Castle Museum This October
- York Museums Trust and York Theatre Royal Announce New Playwright Commission
- Visitors Offered Ten Of York’s Most Iconic Selfie Locations With New Online Interactive Map
- York Castle Museum Named In Top Ten Best Museums In The UK 2016 By TripAdvisor
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.