If you would like to borrow one of our objects or paintings for an exhibition or for other uses, you will need to request permission.
We will need details from you about why you wish to borrow the item and if permission is granted, we ask that you comply with certain conditions.
To make a request, please contact email@example.com . Most of our loans are to other museums and galleries and we expect the public to be able to benefit from our collections.
Please note that we may need up to six months’ notice because of the time required to arrange for conservation work, photography, insurance and transport.
- York Art Gallery Nominated for Family Friendly Museum of the Year Award
- York Art Gallery Runners Up In Art Fund’s Museum of the Year Award
- Constantius Spotlight Exhibition Featuring Beaurains Hoard To Open At Yorkshire Museum
- Art Fund Releases Exclusive Rankin York Art Gallery Photograph Ahead of Museum of the Year Announcement
- First Art Installation To Be Revealed At York Art Gallery’s Artists Garden
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.