If you would like to borrow one of our objects or paintings for an exhibition or for other uses, you will need to request permission.
We will need details from you about why you wish to borrow the item and if permission is granted, we ask that you comply with certain conditions.
To make a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Most of our loans are to other museums and galleries and we expect the public to be able to benefit from our collections.
Please note that we may need up to six months’ notice because of the time required to arrange for conservation work, photography, insurance and transport.
- Reading Room and Library at Yorkshire Museum Temporarily Closed on 11 & 12 August 2016
- Tickets Available for York Art Gallery's Artists Garden Party on 18 August 2016 to Launch First Commission
- Yorkshire Museum to Raise £44,200 to Save the Largest Roman Hoard of its Type Discovered in the North
- York Art Gallery Nominated for Family Friendly Museum of the Year Award
- York Art Gallery a Runner Up for Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016
Keep in Touch
Enter your email address to sign up to the York Museums Trust newsletter.